Vigil Photos for Gabrielle and for Peace


I wanted to post these photos of the candlelight vigil for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the others who were killed and wounded.



Peace over the state flag.

Someone left a card that said "And love will hold us together and give us shelter to weather the storm."


It was a beautiful and moving experience to see the altar made at her headquarters on Pima and Swan, which continues to grow. 
 
I was very struck by the many messages people left  about Peace.  Not just a blessing and prayer for Gabrielle and for the the others, but for our nation and our world.  I truly felt that.



And, perhaps because I'm an artist and always struck by the living metaphors all around us, as I walked back to my home, I passed by the building next door to Gifford's headquarters and the Altar, where many people had parked their cars. 

It's a medical plaza called THE HEART CENTER of Southern Arizona.